- The Co-operative Trust model usually includes at least one partner who holds the same values and a membership arrangement through which parents, pupils, staff and other stakeholders can be involved and have a say in how the trust is run.
- The Coastal Alliance Co-operative Trust is built around the schools as the key partners. Other schools can consider becoming a full or a partner member of the Trust at a later stage if they wish to. If they do join the Trust, they will need to be full contributors to and beneficiaries of the work of the Trust.
- We have amazing partners to support children through their journey, and our schools in helping them along the pathway. This includes the local Children’s Centres, a nursery collaborative group from the same geographical area, one of our local high schools, a local university, a teaching school alliance and the Co-operative schools network which is countrywide. The common factor is a commitment to contribute to a successful learning community.
- Other partners can be invited to join the Trust to add to the strength of the Trust and the range of experience and opportunities it can provide.
The full list of initial partners is shown here:
|· Primary schools||· Other Partners|
|· Briary Primary School
· Joy Lane Primary, Nursery School and Oysters SRP (ASD)
· Swalecliffe Community Primary School
· Whitstable Junior School
· Herne Bay Infant School
· Herne Bay Junior School
· Herne CE Infant & Nursery School
· Herne CE Junior School
· Reculver CE Primary School
· St Alphege CE Infant School
· St Marys Catholic Primary School
· Westmeads Community Infant School
· Whitstable and Seasalter Endowed CE Junior School
|· East Kent Learning Alliance
· Coastal Children’s Centres
· Herne Bay & Whitstable Nursery Collaborative Representative
· Canterbury Christ Church University
· Co-operative Schools Network
· Herne Bay High School
- Co-operative Schools Network (CSNET)
The Co-operative Schools Network is the delivery arm for the national family of co-operative schools and provides a range of support services and considerable educational expertise to schools in our region and across the country. The involvement of CSNET will support us in developing a co-operative, values-driven ethos across the whole curriculum and bring national and international links with other co-operative educational institutions and organisations.
- East Kent Learning Alliance (EKLA)
The East Kent Learning Alliance is a Teaching School Alliance operating across the east of the County. It includes primary and secondary schools amongst its members and has a remit to provide training for those who wish to be teachers, those who are currently working as teachers, and those who aspire to leadership in our schools. The benefits of having local and bespoke provision are clear, and would enable us to ensure that our staff continue to be well-trained.
- Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury Christ Church University has national recognition for its outstanding work as a provider of initial teacher training, for educational research, and for working in partnership with schools and Co-operative Trusts in Kent. It is a considerable coup for us to have agreed a formal relationship with them. The possibilities for supporting school staff, recruiting the best teachers to work locally, conducting research projects and constantly being updated with how academic research shows children learn best, are very exciting indeed.
- Coastal Children’s Centres
Coastal Children’s Centres are natural partners for local schools, as they work with the parents and young children who will one day attend our schools. Their partnership work with schools is well-established, as is their role in supporting parents in the initial stages of bringing up their own child. They offer so much more than this and are an asset to our community. They are very excited about having a formal arrangement to work with schools, and are keen to support us in helping our children with their wider needs beyond the academic.
- Herne Bay & Whitstable Nursery Collaborative Representative
There are 3 Nursery Collaboratives working across Whitstable and Herne Bay. We work with all of them to ensure that their stage of education is represented in the trust. We recognise their vital role in children’s education and learn from their expertise, whilst they also learn from schools. This partnership ensures the best possible transition into primary school from nursery. Getting the start right for children is so important and this partnership helps us ensure that this is what we do. Their youngsters also benefit from shared use of the facilities that local schools have to offer, as ultimately these children attend our schools in any case, so by helping them, we are, in effect, helping ourselves.
- Herne Bay High School
Herne Bay High School has always played a central role in the work of the Coastal Alliance and continues to do so as an external partner in the trust. As a large, good, secondary school which is served by many of the local primary schools, we ensure excellent transition work and maintain our existing strong relationship with our secondary school partner. We continue to benefit from the expertise of its subject specialist staff and fantastic facilities, especially the sporting opportunities that it continues to offer and support that it provides. We are delighted that Herne Bay High are our partner.